Why settle for off-the-shelf or generic catalog products, when you can have your electrical coil winding applications custom designed and manufactured by one of the leading U.S. electrical coil manufacturing companies – Stonite Coil Corporation. Our specialists work with both national and international companies providing custom coil solutions from designing to prototyping to manufacturing; always according to your specifications.
Stonite Coil provides custom designing and manufacturing of coils for a wide variety of industries including focusing and gradient coils used in MRIs for the medical device industry.
Stonite Coil employs CNC Broomfield coil winding equipment ensuring exact and precise winding from the first coil to the last coil; from your first order to each subsequent order.
Our capabilities include:
- Vacuum impregnation up to 72 inches of diameter
- Transfer molding press capacity up to 50 tons
- Layer winding capability with CNC controlled winders
- Epoxy or varnish impregnation – air or vacuum
- Paper section stick wound coils
- Open pot molded coils up to 500 lbs.
- Stick or multiple windings
- Toroidal taping
- High temperature brazing of leads
- Ring terminals
- Automated terminations
- Wire gauges from 40 AWG to 4/0 AWG
- Compliance with specifications MIL-I-45208 and MIL-STD-45662A
- Inventory, warehousing and distribution capabilities
- Winding round, rectangular, square, copper and aluminum wires
Stonite Coil can also supply coils molded in special housings:
- Form wound open pot coils with up to 500 lbs of encapsulation
- Over-molded bobbins and transfer molded coils
- Custom formulated encapsulated epoxies to meet your requirements for color, environment, durometer, insulation class, thermal and physical shock.
Stonite Coil serves electrical engineers and purchasing agents seeking custom electric coil winding for the commercial, industrial, medical, military, oil exploration, petro chemical, nuclear, power generation industries and more.
We’ll conform to our customer and product specific certification requirements working with UL, CE, TUV, FM and CSA certification laboratories.
- Smart coil technology
- Automated test equipment
Bobbin wound with spacing to accommodate electronics.
Layered wound thermally bonded freestanding coil.
In-house winding tooling employing Broomfield Coil Winding equipment.